Project : Formulation of an Action Programme for Capacity Support on Copernicus Technology and Applications
|Position : Disaster Management Specialist
||Duration : 50 days
||Country : Philippines
||Dead line : 15/07/2019
||Starting date : 05/09/2019
Formulation of an Action Programme for Capacity Support
on Copernicus Technology and Applications
Promote Satellite Earth Observation technology in the Philippines in support to development and
attainment of SDGs and create awareness on EO as good professional practice in policy-making and
To assist the EU Delegation in the formulation of a national Action Programme for capacity support
on Copernicus technology & applications in key priority areas for the Philippines.
EXPERTS PROFILE or EXPERTISE REQUIRED
The Disaster Management Specialist will ideally be someone with strong experience in emergency
response operations and planning, multi-hazard early warning systems and environmental risk
assessment. He will report to the Team Leader. He is expected to contribute extensively to the
production of the final report. He will conduct focused discussion with key counterpart stakeholders
with whom he will analyse and identify key areas of application of Copernicus data in the
management and response to climate change-induced related disasters such as typhoons, droughts and
floods, and other forms of non-climate related natural disasters applicable to the Philippines such as
volcanic eruption and earthquakes
Master\'s Degree in Environmental Sciences, Emergency & Disaster Management, Climate Change,
Earth Sciences or related discipline. In the absence of a Master\'s Degree, equivalent professional
experience above the requirements listed below will be considered. PhD Degree in a relevant
discipline will be considered an advantage.
At least 6 years of proven relevant experience in the sector(s) related to Lot 2 and pertinent to the
objectives of this Request for Services.
At least 5 years of professional experience with projects focused on at least 2 of the fields below
- Disaster and emergency planning
- Integrated emergency management and response
- Communities approaches and engagement with disaster resilience
- Risk crisis assessment and management
- Prediction modelling and management of natural and environmental hazards
- Technology applications for disaster and emergency management
- Early warning systems
- At least 2 projects of significant size with which the Expert has been engaged must have included
GIS and/or Remote Sensing Data analysis and integration, image interpretation, mapping etc...
applied in disaster management or emergency response.
Familiarity with the EU Copernicus programme highly desirable. Previous experience with the
EU Copernicus programme, Sentinel data and sensors and remote sensing data analysis will be
considered an advantage
Previous experience with European Commission programming documents and procedures will
also be considered an advantage.
Excellent command of English is required, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Tagalog will
be considered an advantage
Location and duration :
The assignment will be primarily conducted in Manila, Philippines
5 August 2019
Qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs in English and in European Commission format by e-mail to Ms Paola Fontanilles. email@example.com
Please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- The CV must be in English, no more than 5 to 6 pages, and in the European Commission CV format.
- Include a reference person and his/her contact information for the past 3 years of professional experience.
- Include the months, as well as years in past experience.
- To enhance your CV, please bold the items most relevant to this project and its requirements.
Please note that only pre-selected candidates
AlaneGlobal CV Template EN