Project : Second Mid-Term Review for the Trade Related Facility
|Position : Team Leader
||Duration : 6 months
||Country : Botswana
||Dead line : 13/06/2019
||Starting date : 01/09/2019
Project title:Second Mid-Term Review for the Trade Related Facility
Expert profile CAT I
Requirements of each Expert
- an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the Trade Related Facility, paying particular attention to its intermediate results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- identification of any likely gaps or unintended consequences arising from the delays and challenges encountered and/or the key issues to be addressed under the no-cost extension period;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions;
- identification of any outstanding or unfinished aspects that may need to be addressed under any future programme and/or by other programmes/projects underway or planned.
? Have a Master\'s Degree in the field of economics, trade, development studies, finance and investment, trade law or business management OR relevant work experience of at least 10 years which must be above the professional experience duration fixed in points b), d) and e) below;
? For the Team Leader (KE1), experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams and must have conducted at least three (3) high-level evaluations, including at least one (1) relating to trade and regional integration;
? demonstrable experience in programme/project management of developmental programmes;
? demonstrable experience in monitoring and evaluation of developmental programmes;
? specific work experience of at least 5 years, in relevant technical areas, in regional contexts (preferably in the SADC region);
? be competent in the use of word processing, spread-sheet and presentation software; and
? be fluent in written and spoken English (competence in French and/or Portuguese would be an advantage).
Requirements of the team
? demonstrable knowledge of the SADC RISDP II, Industrialisation Policy, SADC Trade Protocol and SADC-EU EPA;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience of issues related to customs cooperation;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience in working on trade in services issues;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience in working on issues related to Rules of Origin;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience of work in the area of Trade Facilitation;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience in the fields of standardisation, quality assurance, accreditation, metrology and conformity assessment and/or addressing SPS/TBT issues;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience in industrial development;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience in issues related to trade promotion and trade development;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience in work related to trade defence instruments (institutional and legal frameworks);
? demonstrable knowledge or experience in work related to tariffs;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience in issues around trade related adjustment;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience in working with competition policy;
? demonstrable knowledge or experience of working with Non-State Actors as well as government structures; and
? demonstrable affinity in promoting gender equality and inclusive development.
Location & Duration
Note: The starting date and end date (month/year) of experience must be clearly specified in the CV. Civil servants and other staff of the public administration of the beneficiary country cannot be recruited as experts.
- Starting period: by September 2019
- Foreseen finishing period or duration: 6 months
If interested, please submit your application to Ms Paola Fontanilles
Please keep in mind the following guidelines:
AlaneGlobal CV Template EN
- The CV must be in English, no more than 5 to 6 pages, and in the European Commission CV format. Please use this CV template in Word format..
- Include a reference person and his/her contact information for the past 3 years of professional experience.
- Include the months, as well as years in past experience.
- To enhance your CV, please bold the items most relevant to this project and its requirements.
Please note that only the selected candidates will be contacted.